The Collections UofT site is currently in beta release. If you encounter an issue on the site or have any feedback, please contact us.
Collections UofT preserves and provides access to UofT digital special collections, as well as scholarly digital projects, using the Islandora software. The site was developed in 2014 as a collaboration coordinated by the University of Toronto Libraries Information and Technology Services in partnership with libraries, archives, departments, faculty, and stakeholders across the University of Toronto community. Collections UofT represents just a portion of the digital collections that are part of University of Tornto's vast academic resources, special collections, and research output.
- is an open access digital repository created and maintained according to digital repository best practices and standards
- enables searching across UofT digital collections through the Collections UofT portal
- enables UofT content collaborators to take an active role in submitting, modifying and creating digital collections using Islandora as a user-friendly and customizable front end
- preserves digital objects according to best practices defined by the digital curation community
- supports the dissemination of UofT digital collections through Open Archives Initiative Protocol Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH)
- allows for the analytics of UofT digital collections use
Open Archive Initiative Compliance - Individuals and organizations harvesting Open Access information can access Collections U of T's metadata through the base url: http://collections.library.utoronto.ca/oai2.
Please note that restricted or private objects within Collections U of T not included in the OAI-PMH query results.